Thursday, September 8, 2011

the universe did not want me to do laundry today

Today the universe did not want me to do laundry. I had the best intentions of doing some laundry and then maybe heading to the lake front to read. I went to withdraw $20 and purchase a roll of quarters from the bank. Turns out that I had insufficient funds. Instead of just transferring the money from my savings I decided that this was a sign - the universe wanted me to go to the lake.

So I came home and packed up a tote consisting of a book (Witches of East End), a peach, some chocolate covered berries, a bottle of water, my ipod and a thermos filled with cheap girly wine. Needles to say, it was a splendid afternoon. It was really windy and a bit chilly, the waters were rough and I was able to just tune out.

I spent the time listening to podcasts and watching the waves crash against the walls of Belmont Harbor. I chugged some wine, read my book and ate my snacks. It was a wonderful way to spend my afternoon and I could have stayed there way longer, but I ran out of wine and it started to rain.

Now I'm back home in my apartment getting a refill on the wine. I think I'm going to disconnect myself from the world and curl up with my book, some brie and some sweet girly wine. This is a perfect way to welcome Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment