Saturday, May 19, 2012

B22 too good to be true?

It was supposed to be an innocent little coffee date. I've never just met a guy for coffee before. Combine that with the fact that he was a half an hour late and seemed a little aloof....well you can see where I'm going, but you'd be wrong.

B22 was my first match.come date. After four months of nothing I finally land a date with a really good looking, well traveled, med student. I was convinced that he wouldn't be the guy from the pictures, but some skeezy old dirtbag. Why would a guy like that be interested in a gal like me? I do not tend to attract your average male hottie which is what B22 looked like he was. I almost didn't respond to his initial wink but I decided to take a chance. I think my chance paid off.

Turns out that B22 lives in Northbrook, which a little outside the city. We didn't exchange the usual series of e-mails. He just sent me his number and suggested we meet for coffee. Hmmmmm....this really didn't seem like it was going to work and I was actually thinking about canceling the more I thought about it. However, we did end up meeting at a cafe in Evanston (The Brothers K). When he finally showed up I had been enjoying one of the best cappuccinos of my life and reading a book on my nook. At first I thought he was a bit distant and uninterested, but we decided to take a walk and things started to warm up. He's a pretty straight forward guy and asked me a lot about what I was looking for. I'm always put off by this because I really don't have a solid answer. Turns out he likes curvy girls so I started to understand why he interested in dating me. He actually said that he did not have any interest in skinny girls. I sort of wanted to hug him. See ladies, there are decent attractive guys who like us for who we are.

We ended up sitting in a park getting to know each other. Turns out that he's a pretty cool guy and while we don't have a lot in common we certainly hit it off. He's Egyptian and Greek so he has a bit of an accent. That doesn't really do it for me too much anymore, but it's definitely a bonus. He's extremely liberal and has a sarcastic sense of humor. These attributes are always a plus. I felt like I could talk freely with him and was pretty upfront about who I am. That didn't seem to scare him away.

About an hour into our date he suggests we go back to his place to grill and watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia (which I've never seen). Despite my beginning reservations I was having a really nice time with him and had no reason to turn his offer down. So I took the leap and we headed back to his place. We grilled chicken, drank a few beers and had a very intense make out session. I was so proud of the fact that it only went that far. I didn't even need a chastity belt!

He then drove me home and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a second date. I'm going to leave the ball in his court though. I need to know that he's interested in pursuing me. It's funny because he really isn't the type of guy I pictured myself with. He's fit, good looking and is gong to be a doctor for craps sake. He smokes and is into sports. I'm not necessarily feeling an intense spark with him yet, but damn if I don't want to get him into bed (which I will wait a few more dates to do). I want to give this a chance to be more than sex though. This may not turn out to be anything, but I think I want to see where it goes.

Update: He texted me to let me know he had a good time. Looks like this is a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment