Tuesday, June 26, 2012

why do guys drop off the face of the earth?

I'm kind of craving some play time lately. I can't believe that I haven't dated a Bachelor since January. This just seems like way to long to go without a date. It's not like I haven't been trying either, but it seems that I just can't connect with the right ones. I've started talking with a few decent guys and we've even exchanged phone numbers, but at some point they seem to just drop off the face of the earth. Why do guys do that? I could understand if I got a vibe or maybe said something to offend, but it's like they just suddenly give up one day. I wish they would at least give me the chance to charm them when we meet in person.

The other trend I'm noticing is that guys want to be pen pals. They send me e-mail after e-mail, but never ask me out. I just don't get this. I'd rather exchange a few e-mails and maybe some texts and then just make plans to meet in person. Do guys just not know how to date?

I feel like I'm starting to run out of options here. My match.com subscription expires in a few months and OKC hasn't really been doing much for me. My best bet lately has been with FetLife, but most of those guys are more play partner material and I'd sort of like to find a boyfriend. I've had more than a few people suggest I just take a break, but I can't. I spent most of my 20's not looking for a guy and I feel that I need to put forth some sort of effort. Everyone says that I will find someone when I'm not looking and I sort of feel like that's a bullshit comment. Clearly prince charming hasn't found me yet. Chances are he's been swallowed into the black hold with most of my bachelors and potential bachelors.

No comments:

Post a Comment