Tuesday, October 9, 2012

B25, B26, B27 and an appearance from B21

I don't even know where to start.  Operation Dark Lord has kept me really busy.  I've turned into a dating fool these past few weeks.  I think that in the end there will be two Bachelors standing and I actually haven't even gone on dates with them yet.  So here is the breakdown of my next three Bachelors.

B25 responded to my Dark Lord add.  He's a private investigator and I thought that was kind of cool.  I actually had this whole film noir thing playing out in my head.  However, he did not show up in a trench coat, order a whiskey on the rocks and call me a dame.  We did have a nice date involving a few beers at Fountainhead, which is becoming one of my favorite beer bars in Chicago.  He was nice enough and we had a good conversion but I really wasn't feeling a spark.  Also, he kept staring at my boobs so that's pretty annoying.  We left on good terms, but he hasn't called me and I honestly wasn't that in to him so I figured I should let it pass.

B26 is actually someone I met on OKC a bit ago.  He really wasn't my type, but wrote me a really nice e-mail and it turns out he is a food critic so I was thinking I could be foodie friends with him.  I sort of lied and told him I wasn't looking for a relationship.  He e-mailed me a lot and we finally decided to meet up.  We went for lunch (this wasn't a date so I was okay with getting food) and then had a few beers at Sheffiled's (which is now my go-to date place).  Turns out he can not hold his booze and was out after only two drinks.  Pathetic.  I could tell that he was into me, but I was so not into him.  It was fun to talk foodie stuff with him, but he looked like Newman from Seinfeld and can't hold his booze.  No way Jose.  He's been e-mailing and texting me ever since our date last week and I've kind of stopped responding because it's getting a little creepy.  If you send three texts to someone throughout the day and they don't respond then you should probably take a hint.  Also, I think I have issues with guys liking me.  I only seem to like the ones that don't like me in return...what the fuck is up with that?  I feel that's a whole other blog and a few sessions at the therapist.

B27 is someone I might go on a second date with.  He really isn't my type physically   He's the first Chinese-American I've dated and I'm just not turned on by Asian men.  I'm always willing to prove myself wrong though and I like that he seemed very polite and was a world traveler.  Turns out that he's a beer geek too and a pretty funny guy.  I had a really nice date with him, but I just wasn't feeling it.  I'm thinking about giving him a second date before I write him off though.

B21....now this is a strange twist of fate.  So I had some issues with my debit card and needed to stop by my bank to see if they could help me.  I thought i was just going to go to the teller and make a quick withdrawal and leave   I knew B21 worked at that branch, but I've never run into him.  So I get there and they decided I need to speak to a banker....who happens to be B21.  There was a little awkward moment and then we fall into conversation.  We decide to meet up for a drink.  Turns out that I actually do enjoy hanging with B21 as a friend.  We had a really nice time out and got to catch up with each other.  We agreed to stay in contact and have been texting ever since.  Now, the twist to all of this is that B21 is REALLY into me.  Not only did he make me make a pact to marry him at 40 if we are both single, but he also told me that he had the most amazing sex with me.  It was a total confidence boost to hear that I'm so skilled in the bedroom.  Kind of want to put that on my resume.  He was so kind and sweet to me that I felt bad for not liking him that way in return.  He wants to hook up with me again, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.  On the other hand, I'm horny as hell and this might keep me from jumping into bed with an unassuming bachelor.  We'll see, but I'm going to try and keep it in my pants.

So there you have it.  I have 2 more potential Bachelors to try out and then Operation Dark Lord will come to a close.  I don't know if I've found anyone worthy of my Dark Lord yet.  I might have to try posting again and see what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment