Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Operation Dark Lord

Operation Dark Lord actually started as a joke.  I recently became the owner of a bottle of 3 Floyds 2009 Dark Lord Imperial Stout.  For those of you who aren't beer geeks this is a big deal.  Dark Lord is only produced for one event during the year (Dark Lord Day) and if you can get your hands on a bottle you are a lucky duck.  My friend and I were enjoying lunch when I started musing about how it would be funny to post an ad about how I was looking for someone special to share my Dark Lord with.  We figured I would either find some beer geeks or Satan worshipers, but either way it wold be fun.

Later that night I went on to Craigslist and started hashing out an ad.  Here is what I ended up posting

Looking for someone special to share my Dark Lord with (32F Lakeview)

I have this bottle of Dark Lord 2009 and I was just thinking about how I would like someone special to share it with. So if you are a beer geek who does not have an ironic beard or mustache then you should message me. I'm looking for someone serious so if you are looking for a casual hook-up then keep looking. I love to eat and drink good food, go on adventures, and cook. If you are interested in finding out more then just reply to this ad. I will send pictures if I decide to respond to your e-mail.

Also, I'm not interested in anyone who has or wants to have kids, doesn't live in the city and is over the age of 45.

Devil worshipers need not apply.  


I had never considered looking for love on Craigslist.  It just seems really dodgy and after looking at the some of the ads that other people had posted I wasn't quite sure this was going to end well.  However, I was  inundated with responses from real, normal men.  I got about 50 messages after the first day!  I'm now messaging about 20 guys and three have already asked me out!  Holly Hannah!  Had I known it was going to be this easy to attract a man I would have done this months ago.  I think the only way I would have gotten more responses is if I posted a pic of my boobs.  I guess it's just a matter of having the right bait.  In this case, Dark Lord.  It's like worms for beer geeks!

So I've decided to name my new endeavor Operation Dark Lord.  We have passed phase 2 and are one to phase 3, actual dates.  We'll see how it goes, but don't laugh at me when I tell you I met my boyfriend on Craigslist, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment