Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crazy for Cookbooks

I can't get enough of cookbooks and cooking magazines lately. I think it all started with my knife skills class and new year's promise to start eating better. I've been really good about cooking for myself the last few months and have experimented with all sorts of recipes. I just acquired 3 wonderful cookbooks which I can't wait to try out.

In The Green Kitchen by Alice Waters - This book features simple how-to information and lots of basic recipes. I've become more concerned about cooking with fresh local ingredients lately and can't wait for the Farmers Markets to start up in May.

Ad Hoc At Home - by Thomas Keller - I don't think I'm ready for Keller's French Laundry cookbook, but this one seems more my style. I believe this is by far the fanciest cookbook I own.

Modern Mixologist - by Tony Abou-Ganim - Just what I need, another cocktail book. However this one looks like it may turn out to be my favorite.

So what are some of your favorite cookbooks you think I should try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment