Thursday, April 15, 2010

Goodbye Bachelor #1. Thanks for playing.

I will start this story at the end. Today I got a Brazilian Bikini wax. It was a little impulsive, but I feel that I needed to channel my emotional pain to something a little more tangible. Bachelor #1 and I are no longer dating and I'm not quite sure why. A little over a week ago we had a very nice evening doing a distillery tour and a late dinner. We both seemed to be having a good time and at the end of the night he asked me what my week was like and we kissed goodnight. This was on a Wednesday and I knew he had his parents in town over the weekend so I figured I'd hear from him early the next week. Well, Monday rolled around and nothing and this is when I started to think....he's just not that into me.

Clearly if a boy is interested in a girl he makes the effort to contact her. I wasn't even expecting a call, but a simple text to arrange another date was in order. So, I waited and worried and came up with a game plan. Well, Wednesday rolled around and still nothing so I send him a text and invited him over to my apartment for drinks on Friday. It looks like another guy that I'm dating has someone fallen off the face of the earth because I have not heard from Bachelor #1 and must come to terms with the fact that he was just not as into me as I was to him.

I'm really disappointed because he is one of the few guys that I actually liked spending time with and felt comfortable around. I'm pretty independent so I can't imagine my neediness putting him off...so what gives? We have been on multiple dates and every time we both enjoyed ourselves. The least he could do was send me an email to let me know he was not interested. Now I'm left wondering what went wrong. To deal with this I went to see my waxer and did something drastic. Sure I am currently icing my who-ha down and throwing back some bourbon, but I suspect that when I wake up tomorrow I will feel much better (emotionally and physically).

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, MG, that is the WORST... the disappearance. They should have the balls to say "hey, it was nice knowing you, but I'm gonna move on." Given the array of technology at their disposal, which make it so easy to say this not even to your face, they have no excuse. Been there too and feel your pain. (Is it even pain? It's more like bruised ego.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting pretty good at making guys disappear...perhaps I should become a magician.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly believe in manners. A simple call, text, or email would have done.
    And aren't you brave for going for the brazilian! I've never had a wax. Maybe when I hit Chi-Town you can be my sherpa into the waxing Himalayans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley I will take you to my waxer, she's fantastic. We will start easy with just a French wax - don't want to traumatize you. As a side note - I'm really loving the brazillan....just need someone to show it off to.

    ReplyDelete