Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bachelor # 6: The tattooed writer who doesn't drink

Once again I have let life get in the way of keeping up with my blog. I won't bore you with all the details of the past few weeks. Let's just skip to the good parts. I have a 'new' Bachelor #6. I met this one on OkCupid and after a few brief and flirtatious e-mails and IMs we agreed to meet. From his pictures I could tell he was a very attractive tattooed hipster and most likely out of my league. We decided to meet at Duke of Perth, my stand by first date location.

As soon as he walked in to the restaurant the college girl in me developed a huge crush. He was covered in tattoos and sort of had a Pete Wentz thing going. He was wearing the traditional hipster summer wardrobe of a black t-shirt and cut off jean shorts. And he had a pierced nose. Yep, I had surly lucked out -what could a guy like that possibly want with someone like me? Shouldn't he be out dating adorable hipster girls somewhere in Logan Square?

So he sits down and orders a Ginger Ale...that's right, he doesn't drink. However, I am totally willing to look past that in his case. I start the conversation with asking him what he does and he tells me he used to be a hairdresser, but quit that to became a writer. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm on a date with a gay man. I'm just getting that vibe from his hairdressing background to his verbal cues. I will later be proven wrong by this, but for the time I'm a little discombobulated.

He tells me all about how he started his own publishing company and has 6 books out that started from his blog. He Has also traveled the world to speak about his experiences at universities. So, this guy is actually a serious writer and that English major in me is developing more of a crush every minute. What are the chances that I meet an interesting tattooed writer?

We continue to have a fantastic conversations about life, dating, douche bags like Tucker Max - this date is going really well. We exchange dating stories (which he clearly has more of). We talk about our sense of adventure and desire to meet new people. By the end I didn't know if I wanted to make him my BFF or take him home and tie him to my bed.

I ended up choosing the later. So, we've hooked up a few times since and chat a few times a week. He has refreshingly liberal views on sex and we talk very openly about it. His newest book is about male sexuality and his experiences with women, but it is by no means another 'I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell'. Is this guy long term? Probably not, but I'm certainly having fun with him for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment