Monday, July 5, 2010

Mad Girl Refuses to Date an Ass

So Bachelor #6 actually never materialized and that position is still open. This was a guy I met on FetLife. I actually sought him out because he had tattoos, liked Tarantino and whiskey. It seemed like a good idea at the time. We exchanged a few e-mails and some pics and I felt pretty good about where this was going. He suggested we meet and we agreed to meet at the L &L (quite possible the only dive bar in Lakeview). He texted me this afternoon to confirm our date and I replied that I would be there. Well, about 45 minutes later I get this text:

Damit. 2 of my friends just showed up to take me somewhere and won't tell me where. Bastards. Raincheck? What does the rest of your week look like? I'm open any day but Wednesday. This sucks!! I was looking forward to this all weekend! :(

Seriously? Um, if my friends showed up two hours before I had a date planned I would most certainly turn them down. What sort of man lets his friends cock block him? I really don't have time for this. So, I posted my story on Facebook and decided that I would go with the advice of the first friend who replied. Of course, the advice was to ditch him. I texted him back with a simple 'my week is booked' and he replies: Dang. Can I be in touch later this week, make figure something out for next week?

Not quite sure I understand this one, but I really don't think this bodes well for any guy I want to get involved with. So, in honor of the date that never was I present you with a classic cocktail...

The Moscow Mule

2oz vodka
juice of have a lime
ginger beer

Juice lime into glass and fill with ice. Add vodka. Top with ginger beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment