Friday, July 30, 2010

Bachelor #7 and His Dirty Little Secret

Why am I incapable of liking a normal decent guy who actually seems to like me? I had met Bachelor #7 once before, but more of in a group setting. He seemed impressed by me and was pretty upfront in telling me that he liked my company and wanted to go out with me again. However, I didn't really feel a mutual attraction from the start. We exchanged a few e-mails and then he asked me out. So, I decided to take him up on the offer because he did seem like an interesting guy and I figured I owed him a second chance. We ended up meeting at a German restaurant in Lincoln Square and, while the company was good, I have to say that there just wasn't any spark and the spark is important to me. Here are a few things I had an issue with:

  • When I told him I majored in Journalism he proceed to talk about he hated journalists.
  • He made a comment about how he didn't like the uppity college educated people who lived in Lincoln Park.
  • He has a 6 year old daughter (a fact which he failed to mention until midway through the date)

Now this last one is pretty much a deal breaker for me and I also don't understand why he wouldn't have mentioned this in any of the multiple conversations we've had. It's not like saying you have dog or some hamsters - this is a human being who is very much part of your life. Also, in all honesty, I have not intention of making a child any part of my life.

While this is certainly someone I wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with every now and then I know that I am just not into him. So, now I'm stuck with the daunting task of sending him an e-mail and telling him how I feel. Unlike some men I've dated, I refuse to just leave him hanging. I feel I at least owe him a reason and the option to stay friends if he would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment