Friday, June 3, 2011

Bachelor #16

I really just wanted to write about Bachelor #17, but figured I should also give Bachelor #16 his due cred.

B16 and I met up a few weeks ago. I hadn't paid as much attention to his profile because I was communicating with a lot of guys at the same time. He invited me on a date and I accepted. From the look of his picture he looked like a hipster boy with big black geeky glasses. He suggested we meet at Hub 51 for our first date and this got me thinking that he might have been a douchebag.

Hub 51 is the place to be seen and I knew that I would not fit in. They have a dress code and this is where all the well to do trendy 20 somethings hang out and drink Sophia out of cans with straws. So, I put on my cute little black dress and did my best to try to blend in. I showed up first, but he arrived a little bit later. Imagine my surprise when I saw that he was Indian. WTF! I really need to do a better job of pre-screening. I was certainly not attracted to him. Besides being Indian, he also had a little bit of a 'stach. Ugh! We had our drink and chatted a bit. He seemed nice enough, but I knew this probably wouldn't last past the first date.

He suggested we go get some sushi so we left Hub 51 and he tried to locate somewhere nearby on his IPhone. When he wasn't having much luck I suggested we go to the Purple Pig - a small plates place that focuses on pork. He agreed and we headed up the street. Once we were there and sitting at the table looking at the menu he mentioned that he didn't usually eat pork. This would have been nice to know before we sat down. Also, with a name like Purple Pig you would think he would have asked me about the food before we arrived. So the date was off to an awkward start. He took a long time to decide on what to order and seemed to be a very picky person. He tasted 3 different wines before he settled on one. At this point I should have just asked the waitress to leave the bottle. He also didn't know what half the stuff on the menu was so he total lost foodie cred with me. We had some decent conversation though. The one thing that really bothered me was when he tried to tell me about myself. At one point we were talking about relationships and he told me that I wasn't a relationship person and I shouldn't try to be one. WTF!

What type of guy would say this to a girl who is clearly out there trying to have a relationship. What a douche.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like a nightmare! whattadouche. on an up note, the purple pig sounds AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something or is there a reason why his ethnicity is a problem?

    ReplyDelete