Friday, January 20, 2012

full disclosure...i'm lazy

I'm pretty sure that the pile of laundry in my bedroom is going to grow legs and attack me in the middle of the night. I planned to come home tonight after work and do a few loads. It's not like doing laundry is that big of a task. My freaking laundry room is only down one flight of stairs. However, it started snowing -a lot. So, I decided that would be a reasonable excuse to avoid laundry. Instead, I promptly put on my PJs and poured myself a glass of wine when I got home. I somehow found the energy to do a load of dishes and make tacos, but my efforts stopped there. What the hell is wrong with me?

I just can't seem to be a responsible adult and clean up after myself. I let dishes pile up, laundry go unwashed and, for fucks sake, my Christmas tree and Christmas decorations are still up! I am a pro when it comes to avoiding housework and putting of doctors appointments.

I'd like to say that I'm going to change these bad habits, but that would be a lie. It's just not who I am. Some people are neat and responsible. Me, I'm big ball of chaos.

1 comment: