Sunday, February 21, 2010

Last Supper

On Friday morning at around 2am I took myself to the emergency room (more on this adventure later). The last time I ate was at 8:30pm Thursday and would not eat again until about 4:30pm on Saturday. Thankfully my last supper was a good one.


I wanted to make short ribs for a while and got this recipe from one of my co-workers. It was fantastic and so easy to make.

Dr. Pepper Braised Short Ribs

  • salt 4 3 inch short ribs
  • heat a skillet with olive oil and sear each rib
  • deglaze the plan with 2 liters of Dr. Pepper
  • put ribs in roasting pan and cover with Dr. Pepper from pan, 1/4 of a cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce and 4 cloves garlic
  • cover with foil and put in a 400 degree oven for 4 hours
  • when done let rest for 15 minutes


Fingerling potatoes are divine. Not only are they tasty, but I find them to be visually appealing as well. They don't need a lot of seasoning because they taste so buttery and delicious on their own.

Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

  • wash potatoes and slice in half
  • toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
  • place on a baking sheet
  • bake at 425 for 30 minutes
  • use a spatula to flip and mix
  • place in oven for another 10-15 minutes






I do enjoy eating rice pudding, but have never attempted to make it. I cut this recipe out of a magazine a long time ago and just got around to making it.

Coconut Rice Pudding

  • put 1 quart whole milk, 1 cup arborio rice, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups water in a large sauce pan
  • bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes
  • stir in 14oz of unsweetened coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes
  • cool slightly
  • top with toasted coconut
Oh, and of course there was wine. I really enjoyed this Pinot Noir from Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment