Sunday, February 7, 2010

My New Bar Is Open For Business

I am now the proud owner of a bar. I can finally move my little 'hobby' off my butchers rack and onto a more respectable location. The bar originally belonged to my grand grandmother and then it was my parent's. So clearly, it's seen a cocktail or two in it's day. The bar is sleek, black and very 1950's cocktail party. I'm still playing around with the configuration and I clearly can't fit all my accessories in/onto it, but it is a start in the right direction. I've also included a cocktail I'm dedicating to my friend Jenni. It's just a twist on an amaretto sour, but I think it's pretty fantastic -just like her! Enjoy!









This is the top of the bar. You will notice my liquor dispenser -one of my favorite things. I put some glasses on top to have at the ready for any last minute cocktail needs.



Isn't she sexy? I can't wait to introduce her to my friends.


The inside cabinet. I actually couldn't fit everything in there...



My old bar still houses my wine, shot class collection and a few regularly used bottles.




My shot glass/glass collection.





Kitchen cabinet housing my wine, martini, margarita and cordial glasses.








kitchen cabinet #2 with my pint and rocks glasses.


The Jenni Ludwig

2 0z amaretto

2 oz fresh sour mix

1 oz calvados


shake with ice and strain into rocks glass.





No comments:

Post a Comment