Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rejection Cocktail

How bad is it when a guy actually cancels a first date. I mean, at least give me the chance scare you off. What's even worse is that he calls less than an hour before our date is scheduled to start to say he has to take his mom to physical therapy. Seriously? I really just don't understand that excuse -what kind of last minute physical therapy could this woman possible need. To make matters worse I am functioning on little sleep and would have been happy to just stay in my PJs all day and rest. However, I put myself together and was checking CTA bus tracker when he decides to call me.



As if my dating life (or sad attempt at having one) could get worse. I got an e-mail the other day from a certain someone (Aquaman) who actually dropped off the face of the earth a month ago. It was a simple 'How are you doing' e-mail and I wanted to promptly reply: WHAT THE FUCK???. What sort of guy abruptly stops seeing you and then all of a sudden decides to contact me just when I was over him. I really don't know what sort of excuse he has, but I'm betting it has something to do with really wanting to get laid.



So, in honor of my extremely sucky dating life I'm making a cocktail -it's bitter, sour and self destructive. I present to you the Rejection Cocktail.



2oz Jack

splash of Jose

juice of half lemon

ginger ale

bitters



Put Jack and Jose in a glass with the lemon - stir. Plop some ice in and top with ginger ale and a few dashes of bitters.



Jack has always been a reliable date. He's strong, but a little sweet and never lets me down. He's my old reliable. As for Jose....well he's sort of that guy that you know you shouldn't go out with, but when you do you have so much fun -until you vomit the next morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment