Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mad Girl Mixes

I'm really not the social butterfly that some of my friends assume I am. That is why I was a little nervous about attending a munch with some of the people I've met on FetLife. A munch is just a low key mixer for new and established members of the community. I decided to attend one hosted by TNG (http://www.tngc.org/) which is geared towards Chicagoans under the age of 35. I knew that Bachelor #4 was going to be there at some point, but the idea of walking into a room of total strangers frightened me a bit.

However, I sucked it up and decided that I was going to give this whole thing a shot. I made sure to look my best and put on a little black dress and pulled my hair up in classic pin-up girl style. I then did some pin-up style make up with bright red lips and was ready to go. I was looking and feeling pretty good and who do I happen to run in to at the bus stop? Bachelor #3! It was one of those priceless moments where the universe decides to throw a girl a bone. I stopped him dead in his tracks as he approached. He gave me a hug and told me how good I looked. It was fantastic to tell him that I was meeting someone for dinner (a slight lie). So, after getting a much needed confidence boost it was on to the munch. The munch took place at a sushi bar in Logan Square so it was a bit of a voyage to get there. It was slightly awkward at first, but people were quick to make friends with the new girl. There were also a few other newbies so we got to be new and awkward together.

I got the chance to meet a few of the friends I've met on FetLife and think I might have two potential Bachelors lined up. The first one is Brazilian and slightly nerdy looking, but in that oh so sexy Brazilian way. The irony is that had just gotten a Brazilian bikini wax that day...I say it's fate. The other guy wasn't quite what I was expecting. He's a blue collar Italian guy from Chicago. We share a love of good food and drink (he makes his own lemoncello and is a pretty good cook) and I think he's someone I'd love to spend some more time with, but I'm just not feeling any chemistry right off the bat. I could tell he liked me though and he sent me a very nice e-mail telling me how much he enjoyed my personality and that the pictures I sent him did not do me justice. We have plans to meet for a drink next week. I just hope some sort of spark shows up because I don't like the idea of him liking me more than I like him.


My second 'mix' comes in the form of a cocktail recipe. This is my take on the strawberry daiquiri:

Strawberry-Ginger Daiquiri

Muddle 2 sliced strawberries, a teaspoon of sugar, juice of half a lime, 1.5 oz of white rum and .5 oz of ginger liquor (I used one from Koval distillery). Add ice shake and strain into a glass rimmed with sugar and ginger powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment