Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bachelor #12....and then he kissed me

I didn't know if I'd make it to 12 by the end of the year, but it turns out that 12 may just be my lucky number. I met Bachelor #12 on OkCupid where we QuickMatched each other. I started things off with my usual witty e-mail and he immediately messaged me back and suggested we just skip the chit chat and meet up. So a week later we had our first date. This date had everything a girl could hope for: bacon, craft beer, good conversation, laughter, kissing in a bar, promises of dates to Hooters and drunken sex. But I'm getting ahead. Let's start with the beginning of the night....

We met at this place called Paddy Longs which is your average neighborhood bar with a fantastic beer list. However, the best thing about this place is the bacon centric menu. Bachelor #12 arrived a little after me and I liked him for the start. He looks like your average joe, but I come to find out that he's actually an artist who has had shows in galleries. He works a day job in marketing, and is going to pursue a doctorate in psychology. The conversation was great and there weren't any awkward pauses or moments. I think I really won him over when I told him how much I liked Hooters and we agreed to go there for our second date.

Everything was going well and then he suggested we order a flight of bacon and I think i swooned a bit. So over bacon and more beers we got to know each other. When the bacon board was we ordered the beer battered bacon strips. It was pure evil and I really shouldn't even be alive right now. He might as well have pulled out a speedball for dessert. My insides are still paying for it, but I do not regret. So, if you are in the mood for bacon done right then bring your Imodium and head to Paddy Longs.

The date was going really well and he suggested we move on to a second bar. That's always a good sign because we could have easily parted ways right there. Our second bar was another neighborhood pub where we drank some Guinness and talked about music with the bartender (who's dad was Trent Reznor's body guard). We were sitting at the bar having a really good time and then he asked me if he could kiss me. I hesitated a bit because I'm anti PDA, but we kissed and it wasn't awkward. He said he wanted to get that out the way now so it wouldn't be strange later....yep, I was smitten.

And as if all of the beer and bacon wasn't enough we ended up at the Duke of Perth. It turns out that he actually lives close to me so we walked by his apartment on the way (I made a mental note on the convenience of dating within my neighborhood). I was pretty drunk by the time we hit the Duke and probably should have stopped with the last place, but I was really enjoying myself. So we drank some more and I ran into an employee which was a little strange because this is the second time I've run into this employee at the Duke and each time I'm with a different guy. We left the Duke and at this point I gave Bachelor #12 some options:

1) We part ways and make plans to go to Hooters some time soon
2) He comes back to my apartment, we have sex and then still go to Hooters sometime
3) He comes back to my apartment, we have sex, and he drops off the face of the earth

He choose option 2. Now, let me say that I did not intend to bring Bachelor #12 home. I had just assumed this was a real date - which it was. I hadn't shaved my legs, had an ugly bra and underwear on and my apartment was a mess. However, I was drunk and horny and just really wanted to have sex with this guy. Now we also have the first awkward sex out of the way.

The sex was drunk, hot and little kinky. However, I suspect we are going do a much better job when we haven't had so much to drink. I was way too drunk and had very little motor skills. I even had to sneak into the bathroom to vomit at one point. So, not your most romantic first sex, but I like making my own rules when it comes to dating and relationships. I don't feel it was a one night stand and who says a gal can't have a little fun on the first date.

I'm not sure where this is going, but I think I want it to go somewhere. He hasn't texted me yet, but if I don't hear from him by the end of the day I will text him and see what happens. If things are meant to work out then they will. (But just in case, keep your fingers crossed from me and Bachelor #12).

No comments:

Post a Comment