Monday, April 4, 2011

Fit Girl week 2

I made my goal of working out for 3 days a week for at least 45 minutes. It was not easy. After about 30 minutes I get antsy and want to get everything over with. However, I do feel fantastic afterwards and I have been sleeping better. I'm going to keep trying to set goals for myself each week and I also want to set some sort of food related goal because I think that is also the key to weight loss and a healthier life. I hope I can start to break some of my bad eating habits. I was reading about heart rates because I was curious about where I needed to be. I've been getting up to 155 in my workouts and this makes me feel like my heart is going to explode. I did a litle reseach that told me I need to maintain my ideal heart rate for 30 minutes to maximize the benifits of my work out. Well, it turns out my ideal heart rate is 189! Looks like I have some serious work to do. So, my first short term goal is to get my heart rate to 189. I'm going to start slow and hopefully build towards this because I know that I wont be able to get there right away. For this week I'm setting a goal of working out 3 days and maintaining a 155 heart rate for 30 minutes. I'm also making a point of consuming more water this week. I'm thinking about 60 oz a day should be attainable. I've got a new water bottle that is 24 oz so it will be easy for me to measure my progress. I'm also going to reach out to my trainer and try to set up a session for next week sometime. Hopefully, she can give me some pointers and help set me on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment