Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fit Girl week 1

Last week I set a goal of working out 3 times. Pretty simple and I'm happy to say I met that goal. Working out does really make me feel better and give me a bit more energy. On the days I open at work it's pretty easy to pop next door for a work out. One the days I'm off or closing I go to the Bally's by my house. This also puts me in close proximity to a grocery store so I find that I can pop in and pick up some produce on my way home. I've been able to keep more fresh fruits and veg around. I make it a goal to only shop the perimeter of the store because that's where the freshest stuff is. Actually, yesterday I bought a package of frisee salad. I detest salads and have never learned to love them. I still don't like them, but I figured I could try to choke down a small amount in a the name of health. I made a small container to bring to work and mixed my own salad dressing of blood orange olive oil and pomegranate balsamic. It was okay, but not something I'm ever going to look forward to. I paired it withs some carrot sticks and cup of chicken noodle soup. So for this week I'm still going to goal myself at a minimum of 3 days, but I'm also going to up my workout time to at least 45 minutes. I figure that I can get that done with a combo of elliptical and bike. I also got an Ipod shuffle last week and made a fantastic work out mix. This has made my work outs more enjoyable. Wish me luck on week 2 of my Fit Girl challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment