Wednesday, October 12, 2011

my dating policy

I recently read a really good blog post on HelloGiggles.com that was about first dates. It got me thinking that I probably need a dating policy. I'm back on OKC and actually already have a date for tomorrow. However, I think that it's time to apply all I've learned from dating 19 Bachelors and set some guidelines. So, here is my dating policy.



  • only drinks on a first date and only a few drinks at that. no more getting drunk and smooching boys in bars

  • no sex on the first date...in fact, no sex until we've dated for a month or at least 5 dates

  • no invites to my apartment until after we've had 2 dates. this goes for visits to his apartment as well

  • follow my gut. no compromising early on. if it doesn't feel right then I need to cut my losses and move on.

I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stick to these guidelines, but I'm really going to try to be good about this. The idea is that I find someone who wants to get to know me and genuinely wants to spend time with me. Once that's been established then we can have lots and lots of sex.

1 comment:

  1. I like these guidelines and think that it sounds like a great plan. Especially going with your gut, trust that instinct, and trust yourself that you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete