Wednesday, November 30, 2011

maybe spinsterhood is not for me

I saw Bachelor #21 three times in one week. That's one sleepover at his place and two at mine. How is it that one guy (B21) can be so eager to spend time with me and other ones (B19) would never even invite me to their place after dating for four freakin months? We've exchanged back rubs, played our favorite music for each other (sadly, he does not have the same taste in music as me) and have had lots of really decent sex. Is this what it was supposed to be like with B19?

The really stupid thing is that I miss the fun that B19 and I had. He really made me laugh and I was extremely happy with him. Sure, he turned out to be a total D-bag that was clearly not into sex as much as I was, but other then that, the time we had together was pretty good. B21 is pretty awesome and clearly not afraid to get close to me. He's cooked for me, taught me to infuse vodka and has certainly kept me satisfied, but can he make me giggle? I guess time will tell.

B21 has a lot of characteristics I look for in a guy. He's funny (studied improv), he knows his way around a kitchen and a woman's anatomy and he's a drinker. I'm comfortable around him and he makes me laugh. It's only been a week, but I'm just waiting for the deal breaker. I hate being this way, but I haven't really had the best streak with the bachelors. I can't understand why.

I'm funny, smart and pretty open when it comes to what I want. I have control of my life, but am willing to give up some of the control in the bedroom. I have the sex drive of a 16 year old boy, can cook, am cultured and can make a mean cocktail. So why hasn't some guy gotten smart enough and snatched me up yet? What if the one for me is actually herding polar bears somewhere in Canada? Or maybe we don't even speak the same language? What if he's right here in Chicago and we just haven't crossed paths yet? What if I am or have dated him already? Jesus...can't a single gal get a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment