Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bachelor #1

Yesterday was the first time in eons that I actually brought a date somewhere. This was my third date with this guy (we will call him Bachelor #1) and I invited him to an art gallery for a friend's opening exhibit. Bachelor #1 and I are getting along really swimmingly and I have to say that I like where things are heading. He was able to carry himself well and hold up his end of the conversation.

After the gallery we went to see the Cowboy Junkies at the Old Town School of Folk Music (www.oldtownschool.org). This was my first time at the venue and the place impressed me with their selection of awesome brews (I had the Great Lakes Porter) and amazing accoustics. I wasn't too familiar with the Cowboy Junkies, but they absolutely blew me away. The lead singer has a voice that is just mesmerizing and I sat through the show in a trance. I also have to say that the music was quite a turn on and I found myself imagining what it would be like to get Bachelor #1 in bed.

After the show we went to the Fiddlehead cafe where i had a PBR with Hum. I was a little leery at first, but this was a winning combination. Our conversation continued to flow and i was hoping he'd invite me back to his place. However, the night only ended with a kiss. I guess this is for the best because I may have rushed into things with Aquaman. I told myself that I wasn't going to invite a guy over or go to his place until after three dates - well Bachelor #1 and I have hit the 3 day mark so I think it might be time for cocktail hour at my apartment. Guess this means I will actually have to clean my apartment.

Last night I also got to thinking about how Bachelor #1 is the exact opposite of Aquaman and most of the other guys I've been interested in. He's 8 years older than me for one, but I think that is the right age. We also see eye to eye on a lot of things like politics, food and drink and kids. He dislikes kids and most especially their obnoxious parents just as much as I do. It's rather endearing. What I like most about this whole dating thing is that I finally have someone to join me on my adventures. No man (or woman) is an island and I feel like I've been living in isolation for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment