Friday, March 12, 2010

Laundry and Lebanese

Not a really eventful day for me. I slept in late, piddled around on the computer for a few hours and then finally found the motivation to do a load of laundry. I'm not much of a housekeeper, but I felt I had to force myself to clean up a little bit since I would be back to work soon. I did get to watch Away We Go and was really impressed with Maya Rudolph. This is a delightful movie and I'm sorry I didn't watch it sooner. I'd really like to see Maya in some more films like this because she is a talented actress.

My outing for today was dinner in Albany Park. I'm so used to staying in my neighborhood and Albany Park seems like outer space to me, but I had a Groupon for Semiramis (www.semiramisrestaurant.com). This is a fantastic Lebanese restaurant that I highly recommend. I'd seen it featured on Check Please and have always had it on my list of places to eat. The food was fantastic and the ingredients were high quality. I really loved the hummus and baba ghanosh - could have easily eaten just that for dinner. I also had this really great coffee that was flavored with cardamon and of course there was baklava - yum. It really made me want to try my hand at some of these basic dishes. It really can't be that hard and it'd be a lot healthier way to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment