Friday, March 26, 2010

Bachelor #2

Last Sunday I went on a date with Bachelor #2. This was our first time meeting and even though I was really hitting it off with Bachelor #1, I thought I should give this other guy a try. So, I end up meeting him at this bar I've always wanted to go to, The Map Room. He had clearly impressed me with the location and I thought that maybe Bachelor #1 would have some competition. Not the case.

I showed up and found him sitting at a table. I was slightly dissapoined because he was not as cute as the pictures he had posted. I sat down and introduced myself and we started talking. Actually, he started talking and I just listened becoming more and more aware that i was sans beer. After about 15 minutes of him rambling on about himself I ask him if there was a cocktail waitress and he takes my cue and goes to the bar to get us our drinks. This is point in the night where I realize that I would be enjoying myself way more if I was out with B1. I figure that after the first drink I'll just head home. However, things start to get better and it turns out that he is really into craft beer. I decided to stay for a second drink.

B2 wasn't a bad person, but he just lacked that drive and passion that I look for in a guy. He is 35 and does a lot of freelance music work. He spends time doing sound for bands and often travels on the road with out pay. It didn't take me long to realize that he was just a grown up hipster. After our second round he invited me to move on to another bar where some of his friends were at. I was having a decent time so I thought that i would give it whirl, but I now realize that i probably should have just left it at that. The second bar was fine and his friends seemed really great. We continued to have great conversation, but the attraction was just not there.

B2 called a few days ago and said he had a really good time and wanted to hang out again. Sadly, I had to send out my first turn down e-mail. I sent him a brief note, thanking him for the good time, but explaining that things had gotten serious with someone else I was dating. B1 and I have moved on to the dating and sex phase of our relationship. I just wouldn't feel comfortable dating anyone else right now and I honestly don't want to date anyone besides B1. Oh, and just so you know, B1 did remove his shirt and there was nothing to be frightened of.

2 comments:

  1. I know! I was pretty relieved when I unbuttoned his shirt and found a plain old t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete