Friday, November 19, 2010

Bachelor #11

You know it's a good date when the guy stays out until 1am and has to get up at 5am the next day. I met Bachelor #11 on OkCupid. We exchanged a few e-mails and I decided that he might be worth a date so I accepted his invitation to Hop Leaf. Picking an awesome bar known for its Belgian beers is certainly a way to get my attention.

I arrived at the bar and took a seat across from him. I can usually tell how the date will be in the first few minutes. If it's awkward and uncomfortable that is certainly not a good sign. However we fell into conversation and there wasn't any sort of awkwardness involved. What I appreciate about Bachelor #11 is that we just sort of bounced back and forth, letting each other take their turn. It was a totally equal exchange of dialogue. I also like that he had a good sense of humor and we seemed to see eye to eye on a lot of things. I think the only weird thing was when he asked me how long my longest relationship was and I had to explain about how I really wasn't a dater until recently. Turns out he's Mr. Commitment with most of his relationships lasting 2 to 3 eyars.

I also seem to have some sort of thing with Latin guys who work in IT. Bachelor #11 is Colombian. He's pretty good looking in that douchbag sort of way, but he certainly not a douche. He is passionate about music, loves to cook, has traveled extensively and has a membership to the art museum. This one could be a keeper.

We polished off two beers and I was expecting the date to end there, but it didn't. He suggested one more beer and this is when I knew the feelings were mutual. A three drink first date is always a good sign. So we had our third beer and he was kind enough to walk me to my train.

As luck would have it, I also think that things are progressing beyond just sex with Bachelor #10. I'm not sure where it's heading, but he did pay me another visit last night and talked about how he wished I lived closer so he could see me more ofen. He also left one of the plugs for his ear here. That is now three items that he's left at my apartment and I'm beginning to think he's marking his territory. Not sure how I feel about that, but i do know I like having him around.

No comments:

Post a Comment