Friday, February 25, 2011

a quick update

I realize that I haven't written in a while, but nothing terribly exciting has been happening and I've been stressed out with work. I think I'm in that winter slump and really wish that I had planned an escape to somewhere warm in February.

You'll be sad to hear that Bachelor #12 has fallen off the face of the earth. Why do guys do this? I thought we were really hitting it off, but I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks (when he canceled a date because he was sick). Apparently he does not like eating good food, having stimulating conversations and getting laid. His loss.

Things have been going well with Bachelor #10. He stopped by after work the other day and he looked so adorable all dressed up in a blue button down shirt and dress pants. He was actually going to pick me up from work, but got delayed. I've never had a guy pick me up from work before, but I like that idea. I'm quite fond of Bachelor #10. He treats me well, is fun to be around and I feel like I can be myself. He's also pretty straight forward and doesn't lead a girl on- he says what he means.

Now there is also Bachelor #14 who I am proud to say that I have not had sex with yet. We've been on 3 dates and I learned that the key is to stay out of my neighborhood and far away from my apartment. As soon as I bring a guy here it's like I can't control myself and must have sex with them. That being said....B14 is going to come over for cocktails on Tuesday night. Inviting a guy over for cocktails is my way of saying 'we should fuck'. Well, I guess that doesn't' apply with my GBF(gay boyfriend), but otherwise that seems to be a trend with me.

B14 and I met at Hopleaf last Saturday night. We drank a lot of beers and did a lot of talking. I had to work the next day so couldn't stay out too late. We left the bar and he enticed me with the promise of tacos. I'm a sucker for late night Mexican food so of course I went along with the idea. After some tacos he walked me up the street a bit and you could tell he was trying to get me to stay out (aka have sex). We kissed underneath the El tracks in a seedy part of Uptown. Not the best kisser. A little too stiff and not really much of a spark. However, I like the guy and we'll see what happens when I have him over. Hope he screws better than he kisses.

And as for my other adventures that do not have to do with Bachelors....I went on a really neat tour of the Theatre District with the Chicago Architecture Foundation. There really is a lot of history in that area, too bad most of the theatres have been torn down since than. The highlight was a behind the scenes tour of the Chicago Theatre. I actually got to stand on the stage and go backstage where all the performers have signed the wall. This is a tradition started with Frank Sinatra. It was all very cool.


I also went on a pub crawl with the Chicago History Museum. This one was a Mardi Gras Theme and I somehow broke my rule of no mixing and had prosecco, rum based drinks and beer. Ugh! I'm getting too old for that. Nevertheless, I went out with co-worker and we had a blast. It's nice to find a new drinking buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment