Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farmer's Market Meal #3

Today I went to the farmer's market right up the street from me (http://www.bensidounusa.com/) It's a lot smaller than Green City, but it has most of what I need. I actually dragged my ass out of bed at 9am on my day off (no small feat), but this market is only a block away so it's super convenient for me. Below is a list of purchases and I'll post recipes as I use the ingredients so make sure to check back from time to time.

pain au chololat (which I'm enjoying as I write this)

sun dried tomato foccacia
demi baguette
tilton blue cheese (this is a salty and pungent blue cheese -sort of like stilton)
zucchini
red new potatoes
peaches (which went into a very tasty fruit salad)
yellow onions

caramelized onions on sun dried tomato foccacia
This was was first attempt at caramelizing onions and it was so easy (and tasty) that I feel I need to put caramelized onions on everything. It's really easy to do. Just slice up your onion and add a little oil or butter to the pan. I also added salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar to sweeten the deal. I let them cook until they were nice and tender and sweet and then tossed the foccacia in the oven for about 15 min and the just spread the onions over the top.















No comments:

Post a Comment