Friday, June 25, 2010

Mad Girl and the Seach for Motivation

I am really one very unmotivated person. Today has been my first real day off in about 2 weeks. Every other day off I've had plans that have taken me away from my housework. So today I intended to catch up on 2 weeks worth of laundry and make some sense of the mess that my apartment has become. I knew I was going to let myself catch up on some sleep and figured I'd wake up around 9. I actually woke up at 10:30. The last time I slept this late I was out boozing all night.

After waking up I spent about a half an hour checking e-mail and responding to may many potential suitors. I finally found the motivation to get in the shower. My original plan was to do a few loads of laundry and then work on cleaning my apartment. Turns out I didn't get enough change to do laundry and am certainly not going out to buy a roll of quarters -that would require me putting on clothes. So, I decided to make a cocktail and do some straightening I know I should be buckling down and deep cleaning and organizing my apartment, but I am so unmotivated right now.

What is wrong with me? Don't real responsible adults keep their places clean? I'm sure that most of the people I know don't hide their dirty dishes in the oven when company comes over. (As a side note -visitors may not want to open any of my closets either). The only time I feel slightly motivated to clean is when I have dates over. Maybe I just need to start inviting more men back to my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment