Saturday, March 19, 2011

get in shape girl

I was laying in bed this morning trying to make a deal with myself. I knew I couldn't avoid the gym forever, but I was a little frightened to go back there after my intense work out on Wednesday. So, I told myself that if it was after 9:15am I would not go work out and just stay in bed and read. I slowly opened one eye and without my glasses on it looked like I was looking at a 9...score. I reached for my glasses and looked at the alarm clock again. 8:05...damn it!

So I got my ass out of bed and got ready for my work out. This was my first time going to the Ballys by my house. This one was supposed to be bigger and nice and it was. They also have a pool that has a good view of the city. I hauled my ass down there and committed myself to 30 minutes. 20 on the bike and 10 on the elliptical. I am proud to say that I went for a whole 15 minutes on the elliptical :) That's a 35 minute work out and I felt great afterwards.

I can now say I feel much better about this whole gym thing. Plus I was thinking about the potential to meet men there. I think that really happens and if a guy is willing to hit on me when I'm sweaty and have no make up on then he is clearly going to be impressed with my cuter made-up side. The only complaint I have about today's work out is the stupid trixie who was on the elliptical next to me and thought that it was okay to talk loudly on her cell phone while she worked out. I hope that's not a normal occurrence because I don't want to have to take my shoe off and beat down bitches like that.

After my workout I treated myself to a shot of wheat grass (what does that stuff do anyway?) and an apples and greens smoothie from Jamba Juice. I then went to the grocery store and bought some fruits and veggies making sure to shop the perimeters of the store.

Now that I've got some motivation I'm going to start setting short term goals. I realize that my goal of working our 3-4 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour may not be realistic for me right now. So for this week I'm goaling myself on 3 trips to the gym where I spend 30-45 minutes on bikes and/or elliptical. We will start small and just focus on cardio for now. I'm also going to cancel my trainer appointment for the week so I can just focus on not having a heart attack. For the next few weeks I'm going to try to post my workout goals on here in hopes I feel obligated to live up to the deal. I've also told myself that at the beginning of each month I will reward myself for working out and invest in more workout gear, gyms shoes, an ipod, etc. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment