Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas in January

I have decided to leave up my Christmas decorations for at least another week. This decision was made for two very good reasons 1) I work retail and that means you don't get to enjoy the holidays and 2) I'm lazy.

I honestly can't remember the last holiday that I got to spend doing whatever I wanted - when I wanted. I've worked retail for 10 years and most of those as a manager. For those of you with normal 9-5 jobs this means 6 day work weeks and not a chance in hell of getting a weekend in December off. I can't complain too much because i made this choice, but this past holiday season really did me in.

This year I yearned for weekends off for shopping and holiday parties. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have the whole week of Christmas off...are you fucking kidding me? Instead I'm subjected to coordinating my schedule to get me out of work in time to be home to celebrate x-mas eve at grandmas and spending Christmas day trying to figure out when and how I will get home because the lovely winter snow has to turned to ice and I know that Northwest Indiana is trying to keep me fron going home to the city. This year i considered just staying in Chicago and celebrating by myself. This would have honestly been a lot let stress.

But enough bitching. I guess most people have their Christmas decorations down by now, but I feel I should keep my lights and tree up for a just a little bit longer. I only own about 5 decorations so it's not like it will take much to pack everything up and besides, maybe somewhere, under my 3 ft high silver tinsel tree I'll find my Christmas spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment