Thursday, January 21, 2010

Embassy


EMBASSY
3/4 oz brandy
3/4 oz cointreau
3/4oz rum
juice of 1 lime
a dash of bitters (the recipe calls for angostura, but I used Peychauds. I think orange bitters would work nice as well)
shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass
I've been using brandy a lot more lately. It all started with a champagne punch recipe that i used for new years. I love it's oaky richness and think that it is a great addition to cocktails. It works really well with the rum in this drink.


2 comments:

  1. Switch the lime for lemon (3/4 oz (around half a lemon) so the recipe is 4 equal parts) and no bitters, and you have the Between the Sheets cocktail which is a tasty classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I shall try this soon and report back on my findings.

    ReplyDelete