Friday, January 22, 2010

Is this what it is like to be retired?

So, I really have to find something better to do on my days off (cleaning my apartment would be a start). It's already 2pm and here's what I've done today:
  • made huevos rancheros and watched 2 episodes of The Jetsons.
  • cooked a chickpea and bay scallop soup (started from a recipe from Mark Bittman, but soon turned into my own Frankensoup)
  • Opened and consumed a half bottle of Malbec
  • Looked into classes at the Chopping Block. Will be taking a knife skills class in February.
  • Spent about an hour looking at cocktail sites and classes offered in Chicago.
  • Cleaned my bathroom and did about 70 loads of dishes.
  • Secretly promised to go to church if Jesus would just bring me a dishwasher. Somehow I suspect that if there is a God, he is not amused by my humor.
  • Listened to NPR.
  • Considered posting a blog called Souper Douper.
  • Drank a bit too much and decided to take my blog public.

So maybe I need to start getting out a bit more. I fear I could easily turn into some crazy shut in who drinks way too much and smells like soup.

1 comment: