Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I Read On My Summer Vacation by MadGirl

I finally finished reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. I didn't know what to expect from this book, but quickly got sucked into the story and attached to the characters. This 800 plus page post apocalyptic vampire novel was really not what i had in mind for a summer read. However, the premise of a vampire virus wiping out most of the US in the near future is quite intriguing. The more I read the more questions I had and while some did get answered many were left to the imagination. I can't wait for the other books in the trilogy.

I also spent my summer reading 2 of Bachelor #6's books and am on my third (in e-book form) right now. I like his straight forward style of writing and it's kind of cool to get a good look around the brain of someone you're dating.

And here are a few others I read:
Tom Sawyer has been my other companion this summer. It really is different reading the classics when you are an adult. There is so much that missed when I was a kid.

The Impectionists by Tom Rachman - this was an enjoyable read about the lives of a group of journalists who all work for the same foreign newspaper in Rome
Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain. It's Bourdain, 'nuff said.
Father Mine J.R. Ward - trashy vampire lit

Currently I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Why didn't I read this before? I feel the start of a distopia themed reading list...

Here's what I want to read this fall:
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
Madame Bovary by Gustave Falubert
something by Henry James
Absurdistan or something else by Gary Shteyngart
Fith Avenue, 5 a.m by Sam Wasson

1 comment:

  1. I have The Handmaid's Tale on my list too! Lots of reading, makes me want a Nook too!

    ReplyDelete