Tuesday, July 24, 2012

deal breakers

I really don't have a lot of deal breakers and I feel that the ones I do have are pretty reasonable.

These are my deal breakers:

Unemployed - I do understand that it's a tough market out there and am okay with dating someone who had been recently laid off, but I do not want to date the type of man who sits on his ass and collects unemployment. At the very least you should get out there and volunteer.

Lives with his parents - No way in hell am I going to date someone who lives with his parents. Just not going to do it.

Married - I've had quite few married men approach me. I don't care if they are in an 'open' relationship - I don't want to be. I plan on getting married one day and I don't want to waste my time with someone who has already committed to another person.

Has or wants to have kids - No way Jose. I am not maternal and do not want to procreate or raise anyone else's children.


And then there are these things that I really don't like, but I would be willing to overlook if they were pretty fucking charming.

Orders steaks and burgers done anything above medium rare - This would just kill me every time we went out to eat. I'd cringe when he orders his steak well done.

Drinks Blue Moon - Actually, drinks any type of shitty beer. I once went on a date at an Irish pub and I ordered a Guinness and my date ordered a Blue Moon. When the waitress brought the drinks she set the Blue Moon in front of me and I had to make a point in saying that I did not order that. What kind of sissy orders a Blue Moon?

Doesn't drink - Worse than drinking bad beer is not drinking any liquor at all. Booze is clearly a big part of my life and I want to be able to share that with the guy I'm dating. I like to go to bars, have cocktail hour and crack open a nice bottle of wine with dinner. I'd like someone to enjoy those things with me.

Doesn't eat meat - Even though I was a vegetarian for 5 years I just don't think I could date a vegetarian. I just like red meat way too much to be spending my days eating tofu. Also, he'd have to be the love of my life and perfect in every other way if he was a vegan.

Is a sports nut - The only way I can get into sports is if I'm at the event and there is good food and drink. Otherwise, it's just not my thing. I get that most guys like sports and I am cool with that, but I don't want to date one of those guys that goes MIA when it's his sports season. I never want to pass on an event or family function because 'The Bears are playing'.

Is uber healthy and fit - Honestly, I like my guys with a little extra padding. I'm not really turned on by the guy who works out 6 days a week for fun. Really? Do people actually have fun working out? I could never be with a gym rat and I don't think that type of guy would appreciate my lifestyle.

Is a picky or unadventurous eater - I'm passionate about good food and willing to try anything. I do not like people who won't try new things or only eat grilled cheese and chicken fingers. Those people can go fuck themselves. If he was the type to travel over seas and only eat at McDonald's I'd probably knife him.

Is uber religious - I'm cool if he believes in god or some higher power, but I am not cool with someone who is really into going to church and talking about jesus. I mock jesus way too much to be with a god fearing christian. Same goes for pretty much any other religion.

Isn't sexual - I like sex. I like to have it a lot in a variety of different settings, styles and positions. If he is not willing to play along then we probably won't last. I need some one who has a kinky side, even if he hasn't really explored it yet.

Is late - I hate people that are always late. Especially those that are over a half hour late. It's okay to run late every once in a while, but I find this irritating and disrespectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment