Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mad Girl refuses to pay $120 to NOT go on dates

I joined match.com 6 months ago thinking that I might be able to find some bachelors who were a bit more serious about a relationship. I expected to meet some well established guy who wanted the same things out of life that I did. I ended up going on just one date in the time I was on the site. I chatted with a few guys, but honestly didn't find anything I really liked. Most of the guys on the site were looking to pro-create so it was actually pretty frustrating. OK Cupid has been way better for me and I think I'm just going to stick with that. For those of you that are keeping count I've been on eHarmony, Zoosk and Plenty of Fish as well. I consider myself pretty well versed when it comes to online dating and I have to say that OK Cupid has my vote.

Yesterday morning I got a notice from my bank letting me know that my account was overdrawn. I thought that was strange because I knew I had over $100 in there so I jumped online and saw that Match.com had decided to automatically renew my subscription without letting me know. I was livid. Fist off, you send out a notice before you renew someone's subscription. Secondly, why the hell would I pay $120 to NOT go on dates? The first six months were a total waste of my money and I did not want to repeat that ordeal. In all my time doing online dating I've never felt bad about my situation until I was on match.com. That site constantly made me feel defeated and unworthy. What the hell is up with that?

So I called the customer service number to cancel my subscription. I had to speak to a man who wanted to know why I was canceling and then encouraged me to stick with it. I seriously wanted to reach through the phone and punch this guy in the throat. Obviously he had not seen the slew of potential 'suitors' I got e-mails from. Nor did he know that I frequently sent out messages to guys that I thought had potential only to have those messages unanswered. He didn't know about the guys who can't form a sentence or send me text messages wanting to hook up. He didn't know about the guys who ask for my number but then never ask me on a date or the ones who have kids, live in the suburbs and want to get to know me because I have pretty eyes. As far as I'm concerned Match.com can shove it up their ass. What a joke.

Maybe I am a bit bitter, maybe I haven't been laid in months and maybe I haven't gone on a good date in a while. I'm just sort of fed up and still not willing to settle. So I will keep dating and I will keep kissing the frogs because something has to give eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment